Due to the pandemic Indians have to face the Lockdown, it impacts Indian economy, the MSMEs and the middle class they been through difficult times as their source of income is nearly stopped especially the daily wages workers. Government had done a lot to reduce their difficulties.
Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, a campaign launched by the government of India meant to make India self-reliant. PM said we have talent which can make the best products only we need to make our supply chain stronger to make an Atmanirbhar Bharat. PM quotes “Vocal for the Local” this quote has a deep meaning inside, it means Buy and promote the goods which is produced within India as much as we can rather than a brand. Global brands that exist today were also local once but when people began supporting them, they became global.
Govt announced a package of 20 lakh crore under the “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” expected to reduce the difficulties of the farmers who have to suffer the most during the lockdown and also it is expected to support the middle class who pays their taxes on time and help to grow the small scale industries and MSMEs that provide a livelihood to crores of Indians.
India’s five pillars of self-reliance
- An economy that takes a quantum jump, not just incremental change.
- An infrastructure that should be world-class and becomes the identity of modern India’s symbol.
- A system that will be technology-driven and not based on policy of the past century.
- Demography that is our strength, will serve as a source of energy for self-reliant India.
- Demand and supply cycle of India will boost the economy and We need to utilise this powerfully.